Monday, September 07, 2009

Why do they do this to us?

So I did my usual session from hell with TOD this morning (he's trying very hard to get me to buy more sessions, I am trying very hard to say no... either way tomorrow it's OVER!) and went and showered and changed as usual.

I got to the lab, and had coffee and some of my lunch while chatting to Luke and then moved upstairs to ask the school admin-staff about some issues I've been having, and to get to work in the alb upstairs (in my infinite wisdom I left my laptop at home today, so my desktop is seeing some use after a long holiday!). While we were standing in the office, a friend of mine took me aside and removed a sticker from my jeans. Yip, somehow it must have been floating around the change-rooms at the gym or something, but I've been advertising that my jeans are 'cleavage booster' all morning!

And I realised that I HATE the silly little stickers. I mean really, do they need to plaster the size/cut/cleavage booster properties all over everything? Surely you KNOW that a tank top from the pyjama section will have 'inbuilt support' (which basically doesn't support anything, but hey) why does it need a sticker? Because those stickers ALWAYS end up sticking to something they're not meant to and following you (or some poor stranger)a round for weeks...

8 comments:

Sid said...

Huh. Cleavage booster on the seat of your pants. I'm sure a number of people were amused by that.

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

I hate those "hidden support" tops. what lies. For anyone over a B cup they do not work. When I'm older I'm going to blame my body and it's problems on Woolworth's JT One tops!
I walked around with one of those 'checked by...' stickers for almost a day before I realised. which it was as nice as your sticker.

po said...

Sigh. I can't remember if read my post about the fly on my face, but that very same day I wore a new top, which I only wore for a second time a few days ago. And I found a size sticker on it. Which meant on the day of fly face I was also walking around with a sticker on my top and NOBODY told me. Bastards.

The Mutant said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, I have the same problem. Thankfully the stuff I buy never mentions cleavage support or anything or the kind, but the one that gets me is the long clear size tape. I always manage to get that wound around my arse, which is okay if it's mine as I'll have S or XS on show all day, if it is from something the Husbear bought it'll say XL or worse, and that's never a good look.

Kath Lockett said...

LOL, Oh Helen, you would have made several people's days, I'm quite sure!

Tamara said...

Bwahahaha... Laughed at your sticker... then at Po's sticker...

I think I can top you both though... my friend bought me this weird necklace made out of nuts. On it there was a sticker saying "Hand crafted from nuts", which (of course) got stuck on my jersey.

It's only the truth though ;-)

Helen said...

Sid: I hope not too many people saw it! It was on my shin anyway, not on my butt (thank goodness!)

Skinnybitches: I know! They're totally useless! I find that JTs work ok, but I'm not really all that well-endowed...

Po: I remember that post! I actually thought of you when I found the sticker :) Can't believe you had a sticker as well! Maybe people thought it was a new trend and that you were expressing your artistic-ness?

Mutant: I know! I hate their magical properties of never staying thrown-away! Like I WANT to advertise my size to the world!

Kath: thanks :)

Tamara: We should start a society for people plagued by stickers! Yours is a good one!

EEbEE said...

Cleavage boosters!?

why?

I can't see the logic. why would a woman wear something to boost her cleavage. Has she no dignity? self confidence or... brains?

(i'm REALLY struggling with this concept...ARGH!HELP~!)