Tuesday, September 01, 2009

hitting things is fun!

I'm not sure what to say today, it's been a weird week so far! Leia and I had lunch while comparing notes yesterday and it was all fun and giggles and Skandaal until I found out that a certain person I had thought was rather nice was not so nice after all...

So the TOD let me spend extra time with the boxing gloves this morning and I learned uppercuts and beat his hand-guards to a pleather-pulp. And it felt good! the TOD also let me start by running on my own before my session with him so that we have longer to work on exercises and things, so I got to a)run with my IPOD (which is totally the only way to hit those high speeds) and b)rest for slightly longer than the proper 1 minute between sprints towards the end... and therefore not die. And I admit, except for the last two sprints I actually kind of enjoyed the running, which hasn't happened at these speeds before...

And right now although my arms are a bit sore I can actually walk, I managed all 60 of the horrible throwing-heavy-things-while-doing-sit-ups exercises (I only whined a little bit) and had a great discussion on life and love and relationships with the TOD while doing bicep curls.

I also told him that I will never sleep with him, and that having sex right away at the beginning of a relationship is not OK with me and he took it well, although he's slightly less keen to train with me every day... (which mean I get 3 recovery days this week!).

I was also visited by a friend today and we had an awesome chat and she gave me a lot of advice and sympathy as well as a lovely long catch-up on what she's been doing. this was particularly fantastic as for some weird reason I'm all alone in the lab today (I assume Leia is off doing site analyses for her animals and Luke just came home from overseas and is probably recovering from the flight), so it was nice to have a visitor!

And it's tai chi night again! Lets hope someone brings a spare sword :)

4 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

I agree, hitting things is good for the soul...

And way to tell your trainer about your limits with sex right off the bat. : ] I applaud.

B

po said...

Haha he wanted to sleep with you, oh dear but boys are a) so predictable and b) so optimistic!

Kath Lockett said...

Maybe a sword mightn't be a good idea if you bump into the person who wasn't so nice after all...?

Helen said...

Becca: Thanks! And I agree, it's very cathartic!

Po: Nicely said! Kind of weird as I'm not usually the type to get hit on, particularly not when I'm all red a sweaty and gross...

Kath: I know! But it's SHINY!