Sunday, September 13, 2009

My kind of drama!

So lately I've been living a semi-normal life. I have my work,
occasionally I squirt radioactive stuff over myself, but otherwise I
work during the week, do my tai chi, exercise when I feel up to it,
and hang out with awesome friends on weekends. It's nice, I like the
feeling of routine, stability, belonging somewhere. In a big way I
think i've been not as frantic to go to the field as usual.

Unfortunately one of my friends LOVES drama. If there is no conflict,
she'll create it. If something starts she'll puppeteer those involved
and cause drama. As for her personal life...

We had to cancel Saturday's plans as chief goth was sick, so we hung
out at her house instead. At 10:30pm this girl arrived all upset, with
her boyfriend calling constantly and her refusing to speak to him. Of
course I got sucked into the whole thing... And I realised that I
don't need any more drama. No thanks. I'm going home now.

So today, partly in an effort to avoid irate family members who sat up
waiting for me, I headed off to the zoo where I had lunch with a
gorilla, scrubbed frog tanks, bonded with some awesome boa
constrictors, met the biggest tarantulas EVER, said hi to the baby
monkeys and hunted for a vanishing ape.

It was AWESOME! I'm ba-a-a-ack!

And it feels GREAT!

6 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

You're life sounds so different from mine but really entertaining. I like. I want to chase and ape. I don't think we have many in Tampa. Ha ha.

B

Kath Lockett said...

WOW - we need - nay, must have - pictures of your zoo work!

Sheesh, all I did yesterday was eat and then visit our community centre to hear a local Muslim cleric give an info session on Ramadan....

Helen said...

Becca: To be honest, it was hiding in a tree n the enclosure. Not so exciting! We don't really have them swinging around our neighbourhoods or anything (althouogh there is a renegade rabbit hanging out near the gorilla right now).

Kath: I don't have many photos, my hands are usually either full or dirty when I'm there! I'll see what I can do! Hope the info session was interesting!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Hanging out at the zoo sounds so interesting.

Tarantulas freak me out. I saw 2 in "the wild" before. It was seriously scary.

:)

Have a fab monday!

Candice said...

Congrats on avoiding the drama! :)

Your zoo outing sounds like loads of fun - even the bot about the boas. Kind of... Maybe... I like apes.

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

I also want to hang out at the zoo. you can't see me but I'm making huffing noises and acting like a petulant child.