Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Posted by Helen at 9:41 pm
Friday, March 25, 2011
It’s something that I’m relatively used to that I have a super-vivid dream life. I talk in my sleep, walk in my sleep, yell at people for stuff they’ve done in my dreams and often wake up when the phone rings and have a conversation related to my dream with the person on the other side.
Last night I had a dream that the cast of Dead Like Me (mainly Mason) hanging out in a train with Finn from Glee, discovering that there were newborn babies somehow psychically/telekinetically/voodoishly attached to them so that every time they moved the baby moved too. And i woke up with the tagline “I wanna party like a newborn” stuck in my head.
Not the point of the point of this post though. A while ago a ‘friend’ of mine treated me really really badly, and eventually told me that she would fake being half-friends with me for a while but eventually she’d lose touch on purpose and never speak to me again.
And she was in my dream and I went to her in front of a bunch of people in the train and i shouted at her. And I woke up feeling fantastic. And in traffic yesterday I realised why. In my attempt to avoid dragging our mutual friends (after we met 22 years ago most friends have been mutual) into the conflict she has basically been taking them away from me one by one. I don’t know what she tells them (although she told me to my face that she has lied to me and then accused me of being dishonest so I can imagine in her warped mind she must have invented all kinds of things).
so I think subconsciously I have been wanting to put my side of the story out there without being petty and hurting friends who shouldn’t have to choose between us. I feel like I’ve been treated unfairly and I can’t defend myself. and I feel like by being immature she’s actually winning. the high road hurts sometimes.
Who knows, all I can say is that I’m grateful for my dreams for letting me feel like I could do something about it, even if it didn’t really happen.
Posted by Helen at 2:00 pm
Thursday, March 24, 2011
yay, it’s been forever since I got an award and now bonda84 from life, love and other everyday adventures has given me this shiny one:
Which might just drag me out of blogger apathy for a while (Not sure if ‘stylish’ really applies to me considering that the best part of my year so far has been running around with pink hair, but I do like shiny things so I think I’ll keep it). So the usual drill applies: 7 things about me, plus a bunch of people to give it to.
- I love climbing trees but am actually not much good at it. I also tore my jeans on a tree on the weekend.
- I love running to ridiculous music. The sillier the better. The joy of going to the gym is that I often wonder if anything ‘leaks’ out of my headphones. I never know if the funny looks are from the music they might be able to hear or from the way I giggle at certain stages while red-faced, sweaty and trying desperately to keep running.
- I find pictures of animals doing human things (such as sitting at a computer) rather disturbing. Animals wearing clothes is even worse. I do not know how I worked at a petshop for 2 years without having a breakdown in the middle of the dog tracksuits.
- there is a website called www.nooooooooooooooo.com . Seriously.
- I got stung by a scorpion for the first time last weekend. It still hurts.
- I use dog shampoo. It works fantastically well as well as being sulphate free, paraben free and soap free. It’s also a fraction of the price of the equivalent in human shampoo (and it wasn’t tested on animals either). So about that stylish award…
- I have always been fascinated by the circus, and Cirque du Soleil was incredible enough to reawaken my old dream of running away and joining the circus. P1 said I bounced continuously for the full 2 hours.
So, who to give this to… I guess if you’re feeling more stylish than me (i.e. if you are a normal functioning human being) then feel free to take it if you’re someone who reads this and comments occasionally. just let me know please! And Vanessa, who just got her first blog and therefore requires a first award and will never take it unless it’s forced on her.
Posted by Helen at 3:48 pm
Friday, March 04, 2011
As we all know I’m a sucker for things like this! if you want to join in link to here.
1. The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is ellipses… definitely… I can irritate myself sometimes when I can’t stop using the little dots…
2. Today I am thankful for coffee. and for my dad who took one look at me this morning and brought me a cup.
3. My best friend is: well I don’t believe in the concept of best friends, people have different reasons that make me love them and they all fulfil very important roles in my life. In terms of the first person I call when something exciting happens, then it would be the P1.
4. A quirky thing about me is that I can only really exercise after 9pm, generally not too long after dinner. I actually like cold showers.
5. This weekend I am doing as little as possible. It’s my last weekend here for a while though so I can foresee it getting hectic. So far all I have scheduled is a birthday party.
6. Something that worries me is the way that everything is changing all the time but at the same time nothing seems to change at all. I worry that with everything moving around so much there won’t be anywhere for me anymore.
7. On my night stand you would find my glasses, a box crammed full of earrings, my antibiotics (2 days to go!), nail polish (always gravitates there), a lamp and enough things that I have to be careful rolling over during the night as that can start an avalanche is my duvet is at the wrong angle.
As some people have problems with uneven bullet points, I will add in another one:
8. The most awesome thing I have found today is:
Posted by Helen at 10:51 am