Friday, March 04, 2011

Fill in the blanks Friday!

As we all know I’m a sucker for things like this! if you want to join in link to here.

1.  The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is   ellipses… definitely… I can irritate myself sometimes when I can’t stop using the little dots…

2.  Today I am thankful for coffee. and for my dad who took one look at me this morning and brought me a cup.

3.  My best friend is: well I don’t believe in the concept of best friends, people have different reasons that make me love them and they all fulfil very important roles in my life. In terms of the first person I call when something exciting happens, then it would be the P1.

4.  A quirky thing about me is that I can only really exercise after 9pm, generally not too long after dinner. I actually like cold showers.

5.  This weekend I am doing as little as possible. It’s my last weekend here for a while though so I can foresee it getting hectic. So far all I have scheduled is a birthday party.

6.  Something that worries me is the way that everything is changing all the time but at the same time nothing seems to change at all. I worry that with everything moving around so much there won’t be anywhere for me anymore.

7.  On my night stand you would find my glasses, a box crammed full of earrings, my antibiotics (2 days to go!), nail polish (always gravitates there), a lamp and enough things that I have to be careful rolling over during the night as that can start an avalanche is my duvet is at the wrong angle.

As some people have problems with uneven bullet points, I will add in another one:

8. The most awesome thing I have found today is:

11 comments:

Romanian Princess said...

I actually like cold showers as well! Especially after I work out! Love your blog!

XoXo Nicole Mariana

www.romanianprincess.com

Vanessa said...

I love that music video :)

raveninthewolfden said...

Cold showers,uhm no thanks! Working out only after 9 pm, why is that?

Helen said...

Nicole; I'm so glad it isn't just me!

Vanessa: isn't the tutu awesome?

with <3: I don't know, I think I need to relax at the end of the day before I have the energy to go and run, and I like to have the time to think through the day before bed. I've tried everything and it's the only time that works for me.

Nes said...

I have a blog now. Just so you know :)

http://randomramblingsofacrazedwomen.blogspot.com/

caz said...

YIKES! Cold showers!! Only good on a hot hot summer's day after you've been for a swim in the sea, just to rinse all the salt and sand off..

I can only work out in the evenings too, tho 9pm seems so late! But whatever works!! Makes more sense to me than the people who wake up at like 5am to go for a run!?! WHHYYYY??

Happy Weekend!!

tattytiara said...

Uneven bullet points bother people? That never occurred to me. But one thing's for sure - everybody loves ellipses!

tattytiara said...

Oh and ps re your question - "left a penny" is in reference to little coin trays found by a lot of cash registers with "take a penny, leave a penny" signs, where people who get pennies in change can leave them for the next person who only needs a couple of pennies to keep from having to break something larger and wind up with a pile of pennies in their wallets.

Don said...

I like that this made me think: "I worry that with everything moving around so much there won’t be anywhere for me anymore."

Very nice.

Don't believe a word I write said...

errr, that last comment was from me Don't Believe a Word I Write, not Don. Then again, perhaps if you believe my name, you won't believe I'm NOT Don.
ALright, I'll stop now.

Helen said...

Nes: I love it!

Caz: exactly, why make yourself tired first thing in the morning?

Tattytiara: thanks for the explanation! We don't even get 1c pieces here anymore, although that does sound like a good idea for small change. except I tend to give it to the people who watch my car (nothing says than you like a kilogram of small change and it all adds up to the normal tip)

Don't believe a word I write: you just gave me a headache. Good work!