Saturday, August 08, 2009

Up, Up And AWAY...

So in case you didn't notice, I haven't been the happiest of campers
lately. The last couple of weeks were particularly bad. An existential
crisis will do that I guess...

Anyway, in the meantime I learned a lot about life and me and the
people I care about. And of course the viability of using exercise as
therapy- mentally it's good, physically not so much... I feel like I
have the joints of a 90-year old and a new appreciation for metal
music.

Anyway what I learned was that it's ok to admit to being miserable,
and it's ok to ask for help- having a support system is more than
decorative...

So after forcing myself to discuss things, and admit that everything
is NOT ok, I was taken off to dinner last night where I had the time
of my life, and I'm being taken out tonight... And while it's not all
that different to what I'd usually get up to, it feels different
because I think I'm different.

And I was early to work today, because getting out of bed wasn't
difficult anymore. I'm not reluctant to face the world.

So I guess it's just thanks to everyone for putting up with me! I
don't promise to be happy all the time, but I will try and stop doing
it all on my own!

6 comments:

Leia said...

Yay! It sounds like you have taken a massive step forward. Scary but awesome!!

sarah said...

hels i love you

there are some postcards on the way to your house!!

and, we do NOT need to be happy preppy campers all the time. we are human, right? the ups and downs. makes us appreciate life

xx

Kath Lockett said...

I'm with Leia and Sarah.

It ain't easy and it's OK to admit that you're struggling with it. If it's all the time, then get help.I mean professional help; it does work.

If you're not at that level, then try not to be too hard on yourself and stop every now and then and ask, "What's the worst that'll happen if this thing I'm stressing about doesn't work the way I want it to?"

po said...

Ja it's so true, people cannot be happy all the time. It almost seems like people get impatient when we are not happy.

Candice said...

Glad that you're feeling better! And you know that I'm on speed-dial!

SuvvyGirl said...

Even though I don't have any idea what's been going on I am glad you have such awesome friends/family. And I am glad you are feeling better!! Everyone needs to know that it is okay to feel however you feel...it's your right as a human being!! hugs!!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why we call it the present"- Kung Fu Panda :D