Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If you're going to (i.e. accidentally crashing) a Tim Burton-themed wedding reception

It helps to have a cool hat. And to be mildly scary (the one in the red was actually really nice, if a bit creepy).


Besides wearing enough makeup to make blinking difficult, cultivating the emo-face is very important. Smiling might crack the makeup (although La isn't very good at keeping a straight face).


If you don't have a cool hat of your own, it's OK to adopt someone else's. In this case we adopted both the hat, and the owner (who had a very nice waistcoat and a steady hand with the eyeliner).
The only bad part is that we weren't able to find the bride, so I'll just have to imagine what she did with her dress...

8 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Wow, A Tim Burton theme wedding reception...thats so original and cool. I like.

EEbEE said...

That explains the foundation!

po said...

That is an interesting theme, what was the bride wearing?

SuvvyGirl said...

That would be an interesting receiption. Tim Burton is an interesting mind.

Candice said...

Awesome hats! :)

The Tim Burton theme reminds me of a "Corpse Bride" inspired wedding cake on Cake Wrecks - it was gorgeous!

Where was this, by the way? Red Room?

Olga said...

What a great theme for a party. Awesome idea!

sarah said...

look how pretty you look, hels!!!!!


xx

Helen said...

Being Brazen: I like it too! Maybe one day...

EEbEE: Don't make me send Vanessa after you!

Po: I don't know! We couldn't fnd the bride! According to the guy in the red velvet and tophat it wasn't a white dress but rather a darker colour and possibly tattered a la corpse bride!

Suvvygirl: I think he's really fascinating!

Candice: indeed it was! WEll spotted!

Olga: It is! I hope there's another one I can accidentally crash soon!

Sarah: awwww, you make me blush!