Friday, August 21, 2009

I want these!

It's no secret that I love socks, the funkier the patterns the better! But now that I've seen these ones, mine seem somewhat lacking.




I want to run into these guys!


To do tai chi without falling over.

To live down the awfulness of losing my parking ticket and being rescued by the stand-in tai chi instructor last night!

To have brightly coloured hair again (picture from here). I have a box of bright red dye at home, and I still have my blue extensions... but at the same time my hair is behaving relatively well at the moment and I don't want to ruin that!

Ignoring the hair straighteners I have already (my 'good' one decided to flake the ceramic coating off the plates, the next one wasn't hot enough and the next one was a cheap stopgap until I got paid), I'd really like a decent one. I've kind of got my heart set on the brand that Jo has at the photo studio, so we'll see!

7 comments:

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

Maybe you should hold off on the hair until summer. Get a fabulous vibrant colour when the season changes.
And when it comes to straightners I would suggest the GHD. Yes its pricey but I swear by mine. And I've been through a million straightners. My hair is extremely thick and curly but you'd never know. I wouldn't give up my GHD for the world.
Hope you get what you want.

Jeney Peney said...

Ummm... those socks are beyond awesome.

:-)

po said...

Cool post! Awesome socks! I always wanted dark blue hair but I would have to go blonde first. Euugh.

Olga said...

Wow, these socks are so cool, I think even wearing them can make one feel better :) The shirt is also great, I love this cartoon style of the prints!

Kath Lockett said...

I'm loving the lined paper socks!

Tamara said...

Cool socks! I have fluffy purple polka dot ones that feel like you're walking on marshmallows they're so soft.

what's your email address? Wanna send you something. Perhaps you could drop me a mail at doodlesofajourno@gmail.com?

Helen said...

Skinny bitches: Thanks for the advice! I think I'll wait for summer for the hair colour (although then I'm away and spending all day in the sun so I'll with so it won't bleach and then it'll be winter...). i caved and got a straightener though, it's not a GHD but its a good brand and I'm loving the results!

Jeney: I know! I want them!

Po: I had bright blue streaks and I loved them, but I had to get extensions because dying your hair blue doesn't last and then you get brittle, over-bleached greyish-green bits (trust me I tried).

Olga: I agree, I'm definitely enjoying going back to cartoon-prints. It's sad but true I have a space-invaders t-shirt and pacman accessories...

Kath: not tempted to scribble on them?

Tamara: I'm all for fluffy socks! I really love the ones with the slipper-bottoms so you don't need shoes :)