Friday, August 14, 2009

If we were supposed to kick our own ears we would have been born with spaghetti-bones!

So lately I've been having an ugly few days. You know when you wake up in the morning and your skin is bleeeuh and your hair stands on end and you have that LOVELY pillow-crease down one cheek? This was all exacerbated by the fact that I've been feeling a bit sick for the past few days. Why?

Well lately I've been getting healthier and healthier. Without realising it I'd stopped eating junk food, exercised more and yadda yadda yadda... And so when having an ugly day I did what every other girl (I hope) does. I got chocolate. Which quickly turned into me eating more junk food in 3 days than I have in the last month. Stomach ache much? And of course trying to use said stomach muscles to support me in tai chi... not so much.

Tuesday was awesome, I kind of just ignored the nausea brought on by having bought lunch instead of packing it in the morning, as well as having ice-cream with someone I'd rather forget... and it was so much fun! So much so when the class ended we thanked the teacher and ran back to our spot to carry on practising! Then having had a mega-bucket of popcorn on Wednesday (and skipping gym in order to go to a girl's night movie evening) and going through a lot of chocolate and biltong-flavoured crackers (which rock) yesterday, I went off to tai chi to find out that they expected me to do this:

And this:


This morning I kind of hobbled in to the lab with legs of jelly... (the jelly flavoured like pain) and resolved to eat properly, stop skipping gym to eat popcorn and try and find someone who will sell me an IV filled with coffee. And start pilates again so that I can build up some kind of core strength. Mine is gone (I had some! I promise!).

On a happier note four of the searches that have found my bog lately are (drum roll...)

horst kleinschmidt
parents and pocket money uk
how to make shoelace don't drop off when running
lizards eat beef

Which I think is far funnier than the previous ones (of which my favourite was "If something happens to me, I got people" or "What do you do if a lizard on head while sleeping")

Makes me want to start an advice column...

7 comments:

SuvvyGirl said...

Its amazing what a change in diet can do to your body. I was working out a bit last night and tried some things I hadn't in a while and I don't remember it hurting that bad before!! And the picture of that 2nd guy makes me think of Gumby!

Mademoiselle Deva said...

Don't believe everything you think - that's so good I need to write it down somewhere... good thought girl!

Ohh God I HATE those day! I just HATE them! I'm on a diet right now, it's not so bad but I've noticed that I have to provide myself chocolate at least 3 times per week. If I don't, I'll eat a bar of chocolate and I'll be willing to eat MORE!

Thank you for stopping by! Was nice having you!
bisous. deva.

po said...

Hmm, does this explain why I always feel like screaming when I see the face in the mirror? Perhaps my diet of chocolate digestives is the problem?

I have never personally had a shoelace drop off as such, is this person glueing his on or something?

EEbEE said...

you are planning to prioritise gym over social time with friends and popcorn???

don't do it helen! you're becoming a junkie. what about movement towards social sports? best of both...

Kath Lockett said...

Ah, a bit of chocolate and naughtiness now and then never hurt anyone..... as for weird searches, I *still* get someone continously typing in 'Enid Blyton Nude Tennis' !!

Helen said...

Suvvygirl: Gumby? I feel that I should know who that is... I think my muscles like to gang up and punish me periodically...

Deva84: thanks!

Po: Nut digestives have oats and stuff, they MUST be healthy! Otherwise they wouldn't need to add the chocolate...

EEbEE: no I'm not! I promised myself a long time ago that exercise would not take over my life, but I do feel it if I don't for a while. That's all.

Kath: I shudde to think what those poeple are looking for! Children at a nudist camp having a picnic (and what a spread!)

Tamara said...

The jelly flavoured like pain... *snort* you crack me up!