Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OK, so should we do pros and cons?

First things first... oh my word I nearly died! I went to my appointment with the personal trainer of doom this morning, and only finished TWO HOURS later! That's including a lot of painful squats and stretchy-type exercises, 20 minutes of running and a 'cool off' of running for half an hour (well I walked 90 % of it because I honestly thought I was going to die...).

And he wants another session tomorrow. Kill. Me. Now.

To be honest, I asked him to push me, I told him what I wanted and he's basically helping me with the things I struggle with, and as a relatively clueless gym-goer I'm loving having some direction. I just wish it didn't hurt so much. And I have Tai Chi tonight so I might just die.

I went off to get a new hair straightener the other day (Vidal Sassoon is AWESOME!) and ran into a promotion for Victoria Jackson products. Apparently they're launching in South Africa and so they need to get it all hyped and so on. I got an awesome kit of a brush set + carry case, an incredible eyeshadow set (well the box is incredible, you push a button and it opens...), 12 adorable mini-lipglosses and a bronzer.

I usually don't use bronzer because I have never been able to find one that didn't make it look like I'd had a nasty encounter with the self-tan, but this one is fantastic! I used some today and Leia said that the gym nightmare must have worked because I looked all glowy :)

And the lip-glosses are the cutest things ever and they're super-nourishing and I love the colours! Bearing in mind that the single gloss I fell in love with at Bobbi Brown cost something around R200 (and I didn't get it) getting 12 of them as a free gift for getting the set is so much better! Cute, no?

And Leia decided that she likes my hair all poofy-curly and she's gone off to a prelab so I'm off to seize the opportunity to plug in my straightener while she's not here to yell at me!

8 comments:

The Chantal said...

LOL!!!!!! Were you approached by someone in a shopping mall, I also bought a Victoria Jackson set, all in one type thing, n that was over a year ago, so no they aren't launching here, its just a sales gimick, I still have that thing in my drawer, never even opened it yet, still in the plastic! I felt bad for the chick n bought it n was gonna give it away but never did.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I also got approached by Victoria Jackson people - I didnt buy anything though

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

OMG! I was also approached, last week in gardens centre. unfortunately it was at that time of the month where money was really low and I was living on 2 min noodles. I wish I had bought it though. looked good!

Helen said...

The Chantal: uh... who are you? It won't let me go to your profile...
Sales gimmick or not, the prices weren't bad and I really like the products. A non-orange bronzer is worth a LOT to me!

Being Brazen: Wow, they move fast!

Skinny Bitches: I know thata 2-min noodle feeling... I had just been paid (dangerous time to go shopping) and so I traded off buying a new concealer with getting the pack thingie. I'm glad too!

Becca Christensen said...

I'm trying to start getting in shape myself and I've been exploring the idea of a trainer. Hmm. Sounds like it would be a good way to kick myself into high gear.

I absolutely love bronzer. Mostly because living in Florida and being part Hawaiian I stay dark but somehow my face never really does. So bronzer helps even me out. I might have to check that one out.

po said...

HAving a personal trainer sounds so good! One day, if I ever get my expanding ass into gear and rejoin the gym I may even give it a go.

henno said...

Don't say we didn't warn you about that personal demon trainer. They get you coming back the 2nd day, that's how they suck you in. Next thing you know you'll be doing full-time hard labour in a salt mine furnace in...HELL. Good luck with the squats :)

Helen said...

Becca: I love bronzer but I battle to find any that I can actually wear- I'm very fair skinned so even finding decent foundation was a battle! Part-Hawaiian is so cool! do you get to go there on holiday?

Po: it seems that you and Leia share the same masochistic streak. I'm the one groaning in pain and trying to hide under my desk in case anone wants me to exercise...I say tryng becasue anything that involved bending my knees hurts a lot!

Henno: You make me laugh! Although I worry that you might be right...