Friday, April 24, 2009

I can't believe I did that!

So my Ipod is getting a bit on the full side, so I went through some of the backups I'd saved on there so I could get rid of some of it and save the space. I found all of my honours coursework assignments there which made for some nostalgia - particularly longing for, and missing, my old ability to write the biggest load of rubbish and make it sound good!
 
I went into one of my 3-day exam answers (basically for your exam you get given a topic and get three days to write an essay) and I opened one from a course that I did pretty well in. There, in the first line of the intro I found a typo:
 
"Tracking migration routes can be very time-consuming and expensive. Extrinsic markers suck as dye labels, tags or leg rings are time and energy intensive and depend on the recovery of marked individuals"
 
yes, instead of saying such as... I said that they suck! And of course spellcheck isn't the same as logic check...

2 comments:

Candice said...

He he... That sucks! ;)

Tamara said...

Sounds liek something I'd do. I wish they'd invent a logic check!