Thursday, December 10, 2009

Keeping busy

Went for a quick bite to eat and a drink with two friends at six last night (to celebrate one of them getting a shiny new car) and wound up getting home at midnight. It was really nice to spend some real quality time with one of them (I hadn’t seen her since I got back) and my worries about her not getting along with the other friend were unfounded – they got along like a house on fire which was awesome!

I’m going to see these guys this weekend:

I’m so excited! I used to be hectically into the local music scene but I’ve lost touch with it over the last few years and I can’t wait to get back out there.

I got a new CD by these guys:

And I’m off to the bush on Monday with ‘the girls’ which is horrible because I had to miss a 25th (that I RSVPed to months ago) and had to cancel on, plus i have HEAPS of work to get through which I’ll have to take with me. At the same time it’s awesome to get out of the city for a little bit.

Who knows, maybe there will be lizards?

4 comments:

po said...

I love the sheep video! I like the video more than the song though!

I hope you have a lizardy good time!

Helen said...

It's not my favourite song of theirs, but I like it. I'm just so keen on seeing a few live bands without being squished! And I seem to have lost all ability to dislike any music, so it all makes me happy!

Olga said...

The first video is SUPERB! I hope you have great fun at the concert :)

Helen said...

Olga: thanks! It was awesome!!!