Wednesday, October 25, 2006

no pressure!

I have 9 days to finish my write-up. And that's a completed, final draft that is worth 40% of my entire honours degree mark.

I went to see my supervisor today. He was really nice, I hope it stays that way until I hand in (and until the end of masters, but one thing at a time)...

He's also developed a weird tendency to sit there with the trying-very-hard-not-to-laugh look on his face. and when I go "You're laughing at me! Stop laughing at me!" he packs out laughing while insisting that he isn't. I'd believe him if I didn't spend most of the time I'm talking to him with a similar look on my face. I figure that the best way around it is to laugh and be done with it.

We also discussed (da da da dummmmm) My Future. Mostly that I must make my mind up. He's ok if I freeze my masters to go overseas for a year.

Otherwise, the Australian introduced me to some music he heard at a frisbee club people party. It's really awesome (the music. Not the other stuff). He's also getting a bit annoying in that he's being all "You work so hard!" at me, when I. Don't. Have. A. Choice.

He's also completely full of shit, in a way that reminds me very much of my brother when we were younger. I get to laugh a lot!

Otherwise I'm so stressed that I'm completely calm, and considering going to bed now. Which is a bad thing because I have work to do.

plus if I go to bed now, when they walk in tomorrow to find me sitting at the same spot, in the same position (hunched over in front of a computer, with a cup of tea and a pen and paper), I'll get the usual "Did you go home last night?" speech.

The sad thing is, when they left, he came back to fetch something and I said "Didn't you go?" and he said no, it wasn't worth it. and I said "Not worth going home?" and he said "This is home." and I said "No, it's my home and it's only big enough for one of us!" and it didn't sound too far from the truth! It also ended the argument.

so I'm going to bed. As soon as I finish streaightening my methods and putting the last touches on my intro.

Very funny, I'm going to bed.

9 comments:

Luke said...

As I said, U R insane! Go to bed child! There willbe time in the morning to do stuff and you'll be more consious then!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Helen,

Let's run away to.. uh.. North Dakota or somewhere, just for three weeks, and then we can come back and all will be right with the world. :)

Luke.. you come with us too. We can go fishing and we can chase racoons and stuff.

I think it would be soooo much better than what we are doing right now.

Luv, Thomas.

Helen said...

fishing traumatises the fish. I just read a paper on it.

Helen said...

But I like the whole sitting by a river with a fishing rod idea... Maybe we could jus forget to put the hooks on...

sarah said...

i want a raft

sarah said...

and no, australian, i do not fall out of my own bed simply to get into someone elses!!

;)

Anonymous said...

if it traumatises the fish, then you're right.. we should defo not go fishing. just go watch the fish. :)

ps... you only have links to Luke's and Sarah's blog on your page, and not me, and that makes me very sad. :(

Helen said...

I'm sorry, I'll link to you as soon as I remember how to... will you link to me?

I love fishing, as long as we don't catch anything, but definately sitting by a river/lake/dam for a few weeks would be amazing...

Luke said...

I LOVE RACOONS!!! That's such a brilliant plan! Take me with you!