Wednesday, October 18, 2006

DESERT!!! MOLE-RATS!!! part 2

Luke and I looked at the map today to see where in the deert we're going.

It's SO cool! We're literally driving all around South Africa (well minus a lot of the South-East, but I've been there...). Plus we've arranged to be able to go on schedule, so it's so exciting! I'm so excited I'm really battling to work. Plus I think I overdid the sugar and my head hurts...
I was just sitting outside with Luke and Sarah and laughing about people wakling past and stuff and Oliver told this really disturbing story about dressing in a speedo and some leaves for a school play.

So anyway we get back to the lab and Sarah tells the Australian and then he said that the Australian word for a speedo was 'budgie-smuggler' and then it got out of hand and we ran to the honours room and collapsed in giggles...

So now I'm sad, because I'm exhausted, but this afternoon was kind of a prfect snapshot of what this year's been like. Lots of running around and giggling and getting into trouble and running away and hiding... and work work work...

And I'm sad that it's nearly over. And I'm sadder that I didn't make work a bigger component because I'm SO BEHIND!

I'm going to go work now...

Oh, and in the desert we're going to Darling (it's a town, really), Kamieskroon and Tswalu nature reserve.

DESERT!!!

MOLE-RATS!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Darling! I'd love to go there. But's quite far, isn't it? Best you have good car music. hehe.

Make sure you go see Tannie Evita.. heard her show is just magnificent. Was gonna see her last time I was in Cape Town, but alas she had larygitus. :(

Make sure you take lots of photos.. desert landscapes can make fantastic backdrops!

Helen said...

Way ahead of you there Tom, I ordered my new camera this morning, to fetch it on Saturday...

sarah said...

hee hee!

we must remember to take him his can of creme soda!

i wonder what colour creme soda is in South Korea? (bleugh imagine BROWN!) thats just not kosher!

Anonymous said...

i'd love to see what a desert mole rat looks like. take lots of pictures.

and as for the cleme soda....i don't think i've seen any in korea. but if they did have it, i imagine it would look very delicious. and the taste would have a hint of fermented cabbage.

Luke said...

Don't diss creme soda!!!

I'm so excited to also! It is gonna b rox!