Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm alive!

The power is back! Funny story that... involving raining glass, explosions and a really entertaining incident with a farmer. I will write about them if it ever warms up enough for my fingers to type more than a sentence without cramping... and when I catch up a bit more of work!

In the meantime, Luke rescued me from the latest in a string of pretty unbelievable bad luck (I'm hoping has digging through the sludge was worth it, either way I refuse to spend another year here) and i've rediscovered the joy of being connected to the world in general.

It's been a very tough week and I'm trying my best to stay positive and not end up under my bed hiding from life (too many Parktown Prawns). I wrote out a list of things to be happy about and I found that the list just kept going and going until it got too dark to write (there was no power at that stage) which is pretty cool!

I also had an awesome chat with some folks back home today and the kudu came and said hi outside my window.

Life isn't good, but it's not too shabby right now.

Long may it last!

4 comments:

po said...

You're alive! Hooray! I'm glad things seem less bleak.

Kath Lockett said...

Your attitude is BRILLIANT and that's what really counts!

Tamara said...

So good to get a post from you. was worried you may have collapsed in a heap after all the horrid stuff. Hope things continue to improve!

Helen said...

Po: and kicking! Or so they tell me...

Kath: thanks! I think they sould hand out degrees for tenacity, would save on the writing up...

Tamara: thanks for worrying :) I'm ok, really!