I am currently babysitting a house and five dogs.
I have already:
- locked myself out the house (to be fair, I had the keys, but the lock was jammed)
- set the burglar alarm off about 8 times, had the security company call the owners every time the alarm went off (which means they call me, and I apologise a lot)
- Broke into the house by borrowing my bosses small children and sending one of them in through a window
- Had a dog climb into my car and refuse to get out, including growling and snarling when I tried to coax her out before she drooled on my iPod too much
- Had flu and spent a weekend on their couch in front of the TV.
- Watched soccer for half an hour before I realised that it wasn’t cricket
- left the dog beds out in a hailstorm (again to be fair, the summer storms here do come up pretty darn quickly, and I was on the couch with the flu at the time).
- And had one of the dogs decide that chewing on the carpets is a fun pastime.