Monday, March 01, 2010

Things I learned this weekend

  1. The students are actually very cool! I’ve finally begun to pair up names with faces and handwriting, and there are some pretty amazing people in the group.
  2. It amazing how some people open up when you’re walking down the road on a ‘rescue mission’ at 2am. I still feel kind of bad that the girl with the attitude problem finally opened up and I ran off – distracted by something shiny…
  3. Brandy and coke is never a good idea. Unless it is.
  4. Rocks move sometimes. Ow. yip, just as I lose the last batch of bruises…
  5. Getting into a car as not NEARLY as much fun as hanging on to the back of it as you go over bumps. Turning corners is infinitely more fun while hanging on to the side so you swing outwards…
  6. doing crazy out-of-car riding results in a weird sunburn and some entertaining bruises.
  7. Pia-pia-pia-NO!
  8. You had to be there.
  9. Identifying plants at 2am is possible, even after said brandy and coke!
  10. I have the weirdest sunburn EVER!

7 comments:

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

sounds like an eventful weekend :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

great lessons. :)

po said...

For me identifying plants is impossible full stop. Soemthingus aceum is all I can manage.

Cam said...

Need to move onto the Cane Train.... :D

Candice said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Helen said...

Skinny bitches: it was indeed :)

Being Brazen: thanks!

Po: sounds like me and birds...

Cam: only if there's creme soda...

Candice: it was!

Craig said...

The weirdest sunburn? Now that sounds like a story all on its own! :)