Not really, but I I played the IPod game when i first started this bog (a good 3+ years ago) and I like to redo it every now and then to see how my musical tastes have changed and generally have a good self-centred giggle at the deeper meanings I can find in just about anything.
I’m not having a fantastic day, for some reason loneliness really set in and I’m not feeling well and it’s raining and I just want a hot batch except that all I have here are showers and and and…
So it felt appropriate. You know the rules (if you’ve been anywhere near email in the last half-decade). IPod on shuffle and write down the name of each song next to each question. no cheating and skipping!
- IF SOMEONE SAYS, “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Pressed in a Book (the Shins). I tend to say strange things, so I guess it’s not that out there! I like the line about the untied shoelaces of life…
- WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Ziwere (Oliver Mtukudzi). I like this kind of jazzish African music, although of course the no skipping rule left me scrambling for a translation… to find that apparently there are no English words to describe it. so I guess I’m… indescribable? Untranslate-able?
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Til Kingdom Come (Coldplay). So, commitment? I love this song, it was one of the few I could stand listening to when my proposal was due so I played it abouot a million times!
- WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Playing in the distance (Grand National). Fair enough!
- WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Bed of Lies (Matchbox 20). I guess ‘I’m marking it down to learning’ is a pretty good one!
- WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Just like you (three days grace) I could be mean and angry?
- WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEM?
Do What You Say (Benjamin Gate). Nice :)
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
I will possess your heart (Death cab for Cutie). I’m kind of glad that I don’t really believe in the ‘best’ friend concept!
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
We are all made of stars (Moby) “Can’t fight the future, can’t fight what I see”
- WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Vicarious (Tool). I guess up until recently I was living for the people around me, rather than me. Although until recently Tool scared me as well!
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Gone Crazy (Marcy Playground)
- WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? I really eyes (Cranberries). Was this thing written by a teenager? The quiz, not the song.
- WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Bad weekend (Art Brut). Ouch.
- WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
If it makes you happy (Sheryl Crow). I refuse to be a girl and start planning a wedding without being engaged first. But I quite like this song!
- WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Prism of Life (Engma).
- WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
The Phantom of the Opera (Nightwish). Clearly all those discussions on the paranormal in the lab are coming back to haunt me…
- WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Blister in the sun (Violent Femmes). But i’ve already GOT blisters from the sun…
- HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Burnout (Sipho ‘hotstix’ Mabuse). No comment.
- WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
I will not take these things for granted (Toad the wet Sprocket).
- WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
The fix is in (OK Go) It’s all about getting lost and staying that way.
- WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
- WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
Suddenly everything has changed (Postal Service).
- WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Pain for Pleasure (SUM41) true…
- DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Sorrow (Gladiator soundtrack). Sad times.
- IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Rainy Day (Fools Garden). Apparently my IPod has more faith in my abilities than I do!
- WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW? Say Goodbye (Dave Matthews Band)
thanks for bearing with me! I refuse to tag people when we’ve all done this before, but if you feel like revisiting a classic (no pun intended) then feel free and please let me know if you do!