- When going to a concert have a confirmed number of people you're meeting. Ours changed as people cancelled, appeared, resolved fights with significant others (and therefore un-split the group).
- Keep this number below 10. Get to 12 and you'll be herding cats.
- DO introduce separate groups of friends together and watch them discover the awesomeness. Do not be confused when they are surprised that you pick good friends.
- Wear flat shoes, it's quicker to get away when running into significant other's exes in the bathroom.
- Do not go to the bathroom after the start of the show. Besides the fields of passed out/tripping people on the access stairs, you may have to watch a random stranger pee in the sink (with several open bathroom stalls).
- If someone walks past, trips and pours a glass of... hang on that's warm... yip, a glass of pee down your front... I don't know. Enjoy the show. Then get the heck out of there and take a very hot shower. VERY hot (shudder).
- The guys in Metallica may be twice my age, but they're still cooler than I'll ever be!
- try not to lose friends, finding someone in a crowd of 60 000 people with blocked cellphone networks is tricky.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Yes, it's been a while. I'm sure the internet held its collective breath as I fell of the planet (internet-wise anyway). In truth, it was less a falling off the planet, and more a starting to live in the Real World.
Things I have learned:
- How to have fun again, and laugh again, and be silly again. Who I am when I'm not fighting fires and dealing with drama and looking after anyone except me.
- What it means to make a promise and keep a promise.
- How lucky I am to have the friends that I do. From showing up on moving day with sandwiches, ready to scrub, to sitting up with me until 2am letting me vent, to not letting me sit at home and mope (no really, 'get in your car and get over here or we're breaking your door down style) to just plain having fun. I am a lucky lucky person.
- Making new friends is fun.
- Greek lemon-chicken egg soup is surprisingly un-tasty (recipe here) - please let me know if there is seasoning that could rescue it, it is about as bland as it gets, even with a whole pack of bacon thrown in in desperation (4 hours cooking time for bland soup will do that to a person).
- Law is fun! I totally got 90 % on my first course, and I'll be going back for the proper degree next year. Having lawyer friends to debate with is even more fun.
- Nobody has the right to tell you how to feel about something.
- 'Friends' who break down other people for some childish purpose of being the best/only/favourite friend disgust me. The people who let them disgust me too. Good thing I have awesome friends.
- I will never be able to sokkie-dance.
- I do not understand the whole Nicholas Cage thing on the internet, but I think I love it.
Posted by Helen at 3:19 pm