Yes, it's been a while. I'm sure the internet held its collective breath as I fell of the planet (internet-wise anyway). In truth, it was less a falling off the planet, and more a starting to live in the Real World.
Things I have learned:
- How to have fun again, and laugh again, and be silly again. Who I am when I'm not fighting fires and dealing with drama and looking after anyone except me.
- What it means to make a promise and keep a promise.
- How lucky I am to have the friends that I do. From showing up on moving day with sandwiches, ready to scrub, to sitting up with me until 2am letting me vent, to not letting me sit at home and mope (no really, 'get in your car and get over here or we're breaking your door down style) to just plain having fun. I am a lucky lucky person.
- Making new friends is fun.
- Greek lemon-chicken egg soup is surprisingly un-tasty (recipe here) - please let me know if there is seasoning that could rescue it, it is about as bland as it gets, even with a whole pack of bacon thrown in in desperation (4 hours cooking time for bland soup will do that to a person).
- Law is fun! I totally got 90 % on my first course, and I'll be going back for the proper degree next year. Having lawyer friends to debate with is even more fun.
- Nobody has the right to tell you how to feel about something.
- 'Friends' who break down other people for some childish purpose of being the best/only/favourite friend disgust me. The people who let them disgust me too. Good thing I have awesome friends.
- I will never be able to sokkie-dance.
- I do not understand the whole Nicholas Cage thing on the internet, but I think I love it.