Tuesday, February 06, 2007

stress!!

I'm stressing because I have so much work to do. Ia'm also stressing because I'm not stressing enough about the work I have to do. I mean usually I have no problem getting up at a ridiculously early hour and rushing to wits and staying there all day. So although I get distracted super-easily, I get enough work done before everyone else arrives and after everyone leaves to make it worth it.

This week I have slept through my alarm-clock every morning, never got to wits before 8:30 - 9:00 am and left every eneving when it was still light. it's ridiculous! Today I arrived at 9 and have spent a grand total of maybe 3 hours in the lab.

In the meantime all I've done is come up wth a lot of reading to do as well as a framework that might or might not work... I feel so... unproductive.

The crappy thing is that I have a reputation for working incredibly hard, but I really don't. I'm just so unproductive that I put in incredible hours at the lab and manage to get the usual amount done. And if I get myself stressed enough I can turn those wasted hours into incredibly productive ones.

I just wish I could get stressed enough.

1 comments:

Luke said...

So you admit that you don't work, eh? What is wrong with you?! We in the 'we-don't-work-but-everyone-thinks-we-do' society NEVER share our trade secrets! You must be ousted!