Thursday, November 03, 2011

So…

I have been shouted at for ignoring the blog, and I do love the blog, it’s just that I have a thesis to finish I hit 80% of draft on Tuesday, helped by a giant lot of personal-life stress that make me insanely productive.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I’m not sure how long or how far or how much sacrifice it will take me to get there.

In the meantime I’ve found love and kindness and encouragement and support in a lot of places. Last week was the first crisis that didn’t make me want to go to the lab. I feel like I’ve lost and gained immeasurably. Is that even English?

I deactivated my facebook account. then I reactivated it because I was tired of explaining to people that I wasn’t getting messages. I’m not seeing myself installing the app again though. And I don’t get notifications because I turned them off. So I might as well deactivate. but then that takes effort. So yes. No. Who knows?

I starting sewing and LOVED it, only to be terrified by the depressive tailspin when the machine broke (it was a pocket-sized adorable little machine but apparently being dropped a few times wasn’t good for it). I found myself with an urge to paint shoes last week. I think the relief of doing SOMETHING creative with obvious progress-markers was slightly addictive.

Anyway the salt-mines are calling.

How’ve you been?

11 comments:

po said...

Woah, woman, hang on in there, you are gonna make it out of those salt mines! One stitch at a time :)

Prixie said...

There seems to be a LOT going on in your life. G'luck with your thesis!

I try to have a no computer policy on the weekend, even if I do get facebook notices on my phone, I ignore them till Monday. Somehow, it makes the weekend feel more mine.

Kath Lockett said...

Busy, thanks. We forgive you and figured you'd be flat out like a lizard drinking - some Aussie slang for you!

Best of luck with your thesis!

Tamara said...

All the best with that thesis. And don't stop the creative stuff - I've been manically making jewellery to keep sane with my crazy workload (and with the goal of making some holiday money, I must admit).

Sterkte!

Candice said...

You're alive! When we finish our respective research projects, we must meet and trade war stories of our epic battles with our abstracts! Glad to hear from you though!

po said...

Helen, thanks so much for checking out my BFG's blog and giving him an idea, he was so damn excited, you made his night! Having someone actually go to his blog is still a huge novelty for him :)

Nes said...

glad you're back! :)

Helen said...

Po: thanks! I will sew a ladder!
Prixie: I have tried that but I'm reeeeeally bad at it! I'm enjoying being off facebook even though I do a ninja-sneak every now and then...
Kath: love it!
Tamara: I am so excited to see your jewellery, I just hope there's some left by the time I get paid :p

Candice: I found the. most. awesome tea place. Even better than cake-world! consider yourself booked (date pending).

Po: my pleasure, I'm sure he'll be a superstar soon if he keeps it going, it's a very cool idea!

Nes: it is temporary, but I try :)

beauty said...

Really I appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here I found was really effective to the topic which I was researching for a long time.

jenifer said...

Your blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge

and experience.But I am a bit confuse. Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post...

alezbeath stark said...

I believe that the post has perfect collection of words and well research. Thanks for shearing . Your post is realy valuable. Keep it up!