Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nameeeebia!

This is way overdue. I blame swopping computers and not having the one with photos and an internet connection at the same time for a while.

Namibia was amazing and incredible and beautiful and unbelievably stressful. Being stuck in a confined space with my mother for 10 days was not easy. I have a lot of respect for her, but we are just too different and just don’t get along.

Getting to know my grandmother as an adult rather than grandbaby was interesting too. She certainly is incredible for someone nearly at 90.

It was also an opportunity for me to observe two very different women and how they do things: my mother with her ‘take-it-or-leave it’, straight out attitude, and my grandmother who is soft and gentle and ladylike (very much a girl of the 1920s/30s). While I am neither of them, it was like watching an excerpt of ‘how to win friends and influence people’ as I could see what they did and how people around them responded.

I was planning on writing about Namibia in detail but I am rushed with work and I can’t quite get my head around the amazing expanses of nothing and the extreme beauty of the place so I will leave you with some pictures instead.

IMG_3199 IMG_3208 IMG_3341 IMG_3370 IMG_3389 IMG_3391

IMG_2751 IMG_2784 IMG_2803 IMG_2822 IMG_2825 IMG_2853 IMG_2857  IMG_2865 IMG_2880 IMG_2963  IMG_2991

IMG_3096 IMG_3118 IMG_3126

IMG_2744 

IMG_3056 IMG_3059 IMG_3065

9 comments:

Prixie said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I am mentally planning my next holiday and Namibia is a strong contender!

Tamara said...

Gorgeous pics! Now I want to visit Namibia even more than before (but not just TSC's family farms, which are way way down South).

po said...

Holy cow I have to go there soon, and will use your pictures as my tourism pamphlet. I think it will blow my mind.

Vanessa said...

Wow! I might ask for one of those pictures so I can blow it up to hang on the wall. They are all so beautiful...

Candice said...

Stunning pictures! I love the 1 of the 2 seals - it looks like the one is telling the other off!

Colonialist said...

Fabulous pictures!
I came here after trying to post to Spearthemighty, who follows your blog. I can't comment there because it says it has active threats. Do you have any way to tell him?

beauty said...

Nice, This Post is very much relevant and Informatics. I was in search of such kind a stuff. So, I like this, what You have shared. Thanks a lot

sheen said...

Hey, just wanted to say that this was a very well written post and I enjoyed reading it. It's great to see someone sharing interesting information on the internet....

alezbeath stark said...

Hi, glad to read the article that you post. The article is interesting and relevant to today. I am waiting for more information.