Friday, November 19, 2010

Thing's I've learned

  • Being busy and being productive are two very different things.
  • Photographing weddings is exhausting
  • exercising too much after a couple of weeks of couch-potatoeness is fine, until you overdo it on the core exercises. do you know how much you use your core muscles? Particularly the lower-back region...
  • threatening Paris Hilton moviesd Twilight is a good way of making people make movie-choices quickly ("the Hottie & the Nottie" anyone?)
  • How I Met Your Mother is hilarious. Suit up!
  • Driving in fog is scary. How do Capetonians manage it all the time?
  • Plants vs zombies is evil.
  • I'm officially c25k doomed. Getting past week 4 is an impossibility.
  • turns out that when you need to leave the house just before 6am, setting the alarm clock for 5:45 doesn't really work. Odd...
  • It took me 4 days to figure out why I was always late in the mornings.
  • Being friendly to crazy-cat ladies is the worst idea ever.
  • Woolworths makes amazing malva pudding. Now to try and find a recipe to make it at home...

6 comments:

Candice said...

I'll email you my malva pudding recipe - hope it's as good as the Woolies one!

Have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

I had to google Malva pudding, now I want some :P

Kath Lockett said...

What ON EARTH is malva pudding?

Helen said...

Candice: awesome! If it works I'll have to make you some :)

Bonda84: it is amazing! Particularly in winter, with custard, or in summer with ice-cream.

Kath: it's kind of toffee pudding. They make it with apricot jam (but I wouldn't have known that if I wans't looking at recipes) and it's quite sticky and spongy, and you heat it and pour creamay syrup stuff over it. It's really really rich and so good!

Tamara said...

Mmmmmmmalva pudding. Yum.

I hear you on the first point.

I worry that I am a crazy cat lady.

EEbEE said...

driving in fog is like diving in bass lake. You'll get the hang of it.