Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Not quite sure what to say

I’m kind of annoyed with this at the moment… it’s become the ‘what I did on my weekend’ rant rather than anything vaguely interesting as I’m too busy being busy to actually do much that’s interesting.

So what can I say?

People have been disappointing me a lot lately, from people who hurt my friends (or don’t make them happy but are OK with not-unhappy) to people who were friends who have to one-up me all the time.

The first story isn’t mine to tell, other than that I hope it all resolves soon in one way or another, and if my kneecap-removal skills are required I’m more than happy to use that crazy-frog-blaring-plastic-axe from chinatown. Seriously, pass the cactus.

The second story is hard to explain. I guess sometimes when people wake up and realise that life isn’t really what they’d planned they attack anyone around them. I’ve been saddened to find one of my good friends is so angry right now that she has turned very hostile. I am trying to rescue the friendship based on many years of good memories but I’m getting very tired of letting things slide. Maybe it’s better to cut ties and remember her as who she was? Or is it better to hold on and work at a friendship that meant so much to me and risk destroying the memories completely?

We went to Chinatown today to get Leia a tiara except that the tiara place closed earlier than we had expected. Either way we got a mildly ill-making lunch at Good Luck Fast Food (they serve vegetable and chemical egg soup), stocked up the party-drawer in the lab and got big buckets of slime for myself and Luke. There was also the awkward axe incident…

I’m house-sitting for a friend from today so lets hope I don’t break anything, have any major issues or get attacked by the giant dogs (my mother’s particular worry)…

Have a great week and I’ll try and find something interesting to say tomorrow!

3 comments:

Candice said...

I totally agree with you about the broken knee-caps and the singing axe! I will help! We can throw some expired sugar-free aloe juice at him as well!

Good luck with the doggies!

Tamara said...

Sorry it's all rubbishy at the moment. I just have to ask what you were expecting from a place called Good Luck Fast Food?

Helen said...

Uh... good luck? They're next to "Goody's Fast Food" - t was a tough choice!