Thursday, July 08, 2010

bang-head-bang-head-bang… and so on

I guess I should just kick myself for whining about not having anything particularly blog-worthy…

This week has been absolutely drama-filled! I actually want to go and hide under my bed until it all passes right now. Between realising on Tuesday that pretty much everyone around me is unhappy. It upsets me to see people I care about hurting and I ended up feeling very useless and helpless at my being unable to change anything for them.

I’m also house-sitting at the moment which has been completely and utterly drama-filled as one of the dogs developed a nasty stomach-bug a few hours before I got there. So besides figuring out where the cleaning supplies were within 1.2 minutes of getting there, I’ve had an unhappy dog at the vet (who is the best boss ever and I’m so glad I could take her there) and a stressed-out owner who needs details on her condition 24/7, another dog who is missing his friend and owner and a mysterious and large hole in the duvet that totally wasn’t there yesterday.

I generally avoid house-sitting as I stress out about looking after other people’s stuff, but this ne has been remarkably relaxed, possibly because of everything going wrong so at least I’m not worrying about what might go wrong, and instead I get to deal with it.

It’s also a friend’s birthday today and she lost a family member this morning so I’m worried about her as well.

As I said drama-drama-drama! I may have to go and hide until it all goes away!

Oh and as promised: 

20100626349

3 comments:

SuvvyGirl said...

Cute pics, the gloves really make it pop! :p Sorry for all the drama. But I understand. I have had things to blog about but yet I don't want to blog about. I'll have to email you sometime to catch you up.

Kath Lockett said...

Maybe if you wear this hat when you're playing with the dog (especially the sick one) it'll cheer right up..?

Helen said...

Suvvygirl; thanks! you should see me trying to mime! I'll wait for your email!

Kath: knowing that dog, she'd eat it. She ate a plant, my shampoo, a TV remote, 2 tuperware dishes and chewed on my shoes the other day. In the space of maybe half and hour.