Monday, September 19, 2011

ever think...?

So I'm in namibia and I can't sleep and I have been working really
hard and am tired so I don't know why lately I'm not sleeping. Except
my mother and her vuvuzela practice during naptime but that is another
story.

I decided today that I might have a sudden-onset-flying-phobia.

Something about the noise of being right by an engine which didn't
sound 'normal' - not to mention the logical 'I'm in several hundred
tons of metal and the cars are TOO big, why are we so close to the
groud, we should be climbing, why aren't we climbing I'M GOING TO
DIE!!!!'

And the airport is outside the town so I was convinced we were going
to land on a farm.

It is strange, I always loved flying (I used to ask for turbulence as
a kid), but I think I've dealt with death too much over the last year
and I think I lost my immortality. It just sucks that there's a good
job as a trainee pilot going and I thinlk I might not be suitable
anymore...

6 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

I think you're right in that the older we get the more we realise what could go wrong - esp after facing a few 'big issues' re death, illness and injury in our lives.

That said, unless the plane is a BIG one, I don't think you'll ever catch me willingly travelling on a light plane!

po said...

WOWWWWWW Namibia is it for work? I want to go there so badly it is one of the top places of my list of where to go in the world. Haha to your mom, it's a hard instrument to master!

beauty said...

I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things.Thanks for sharing.

jacklin said...

You are doing a fabulous job keep it up and i am waiting for latest updates from you,,,,and

your blog is provides me alot of worthwile information about this topic and stuff like

that,,,,,

alezbeath stark said...

This information is absolutely brilint for writing and thanks to you for shearing.

andrew jhon said...

its a normal problem with everyone so your post helping everyone. Your topic Bond over lizard with some special rule is awesome. Thank a lot.