Thursday, August 31, 2006

My first post!

Everyone else seems to have blogs, and commenting just isn't fun anymore... So after much debate among my friends (actually it was pretty quick) they came up with a name for a blog for me.

It all started when we ran into Luke from masters today and after a bit we starting comparing lizard horror stories (like how the lizards all got 'eaten' the year there were no lids on their boxes. I bet they just ran off, they can climb like geckos!) and complaining about the joys of feeding and watering over 90 lizards three times a week. So Sarah and the other Luke decided that 'bonding over lizards' was a good name.

So that is how this blog came into existence. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid, but that is how my life tends to turn out. In other words my life is an interconnected series of not-very-exciting but hugely dramatic events. It's more fun that way!

I don't have a picture of a lizard. Actually I do, but nothing that I took myself, and I don't like using other people's photos. Unless I'm desperate and they say it's ok. This is a snake. I know how to pronounce it's name, but I don't know how to spell it. To tell the truth I'm a pretty lousy herpetologist. Actually, I'm not a herpetologist at all, I'm a behaviourist who thinks colour is cool. And colour is easiest to work with on reptiles (nothing complicated like fish where you have to take into account the water quality or birds where you get structural colour). So I'm a non-herpetologist herpetologist by default.

He was such a cool snake though, he was really little and he went to sleep in my hand. Too bad my parents have such a violently anti-pet policy. I'd love a snake. Don't know what my birds would say though!

Anyway I'd better go to bed, I have an early start in the morning, which involves inhaling horrible chemicals and then I see things that aren't there. That isn't the experiment, but it can be pretty interesting!

Drama drama drama!

0 comments: